Skip to main content

Mercy Abound

 




Tell me Father, why does it have to be this way?
All this fighting

Where there was hope there’s now anxiety

We used to stand proud, we used to speak loud

Now we’re silenced by violence

And all this anger, when’s it gonna stop?

When’s enough, enough?

Where do we draw the line, one death too many I'm,


I’m hoping and praying

You will bring us to our knees

Cuz we’re in trouble

All we see are enemies


Oh let mercy abound

Disarm all the hate that’s build from the ground

Let justice be found

Take the breath from the fear that’s holding us down

Hear all our prayers oh Lord

Once you were who we called

So don’t let this country fall

We need you God 


 Copyright ©️ Jan 2021 Charlotte Rose Marie 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The One Who Saves

Standing at the doorway to my fall The gates of hell are waiting for the death of my soul I feel it under my skin, grief devouring within a nd everyone can see This broken heart decaying out on display And all the questions cant explain what's been done Can't bring me healing from the deceit from the tongue The vows that were said that day and the covenant made before God and me Had a price to pay when they were broken and left to face And I'm lying wounded here on this battleground Trying hard to stop my hope from bleeding out And I don't have strength to trust that you'll provide Just take me back and leave me there to die, oh God tell me how How do I praise through the pain? How do I hope when it feels in vain? Smile as the tears are falling in your hands How do I trust through abandonment? How do I wake up and face the day? Be brave through the shame and believe I'll be okay How do I call upon the Name of the one who saves? How could I be prepared for the un

Honest

  Let’s sit down and talk about this for real yeah Nothing's off the table in here with You But no one wants to talk about how it feels The struggle is so real, what’s the idea? Hu Scripture says it best I feel like I'm burning with desire I just want to feel love, I’m missing that physical touch At times I wish I'd never even had it before Then I'd never know what I was missing yeah But I’m gonna be, gonna be, gonna be, gonna be, gonna be faithful Oh, God tell me what do I do I’ll fight it, I’ll fight it, I’m gonna deny it, but let me be honest Oh God the obedience is hard Oh it’s so much harder when I see it all the time It hits me like a wave I thought I was fine Why’s there’s always someone there to whisper "cross the line" yeah, yeah, yeah The temptation I feel it in my body, it haunts me Just take it all away and give me the strength to walk away I just want to be obedient to what you say Oh I’m gonna be, gonna be,